This in-person meeting lasts two half-days. It is kindly hosted by the Polish Academy of Sciences in the Staszic Palace in Warsaw.
At this meeting, we will dig deeper into the challenges, hear about good practices from our peers, and work on the skills and capacities we need to address these issues.
The process will be structured and facilitated to ensure a lively and dynamic workshop with plenty of time to connect and exchange with peers from academies across Europe.
Date and time
17 October (13:00 CEST) until 18 October (12:30 CEST), followed by lunch
Staszic Palace, Warsaw
- 13:00 Networking lunch
- 14:00 Welcome and ice-breaker
- 14:30 Parallel workshops on tools and platforms. You can attend any two of the following three:
- Video: how can academies make use of short videos to reach a wide range of audiences via social media?
- Podcasting: exploring the podcast as a tool to go into depth on a range of topics in research
- Social media: how can we use various platforms to broaden our impact?
- 15:30 Break
- 16:00 Parallel workshops again
- 17:00 Tour of the Copernicus Science Centre
- 19:00 Networking dinner
- 09:00 Welcome and warm-up
- 09:15 Reflections on yesterday's workshops
- 09:45 Talk: Identifying our audiences
- 10:10: Challenges: Identifying our audiences
- 10:25 Break
- 10:50 Clinics: Identifying our audiences
- 11:45 Discussion: A European community for academy communications professionals
- 12:15 Farewell
- 13:00 Lunch